Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kid Crafting

 Today I'm watching a friends kids for a couple hours while she goes to a doctors appointment. Rather than just letting them run around fighting with one another over the toys in my little house, I decided to do a craft project with them.
Before they arrived I set out markers, colored pencils, crayons, buttons, ribbon, glue, stickers, glitter (I have reaffirmed my distain for glitter. It was in the grilled cheese crusts I had for lunch) and all things fun!
The plan was to make sketch books for each of them (to have to avoid bickering over coloring books).
 So we sat down and got to work. They colored and glued on buttons and stuck stickers. Then the mess really took off when I gave them each a glue stick and a shaker of glitter. Mind you, I'm working with 2.5, 3, and 5 year old. After they were satisfied with the book covers we added fill paper and a back, I punched holes and they picked their favorite ribbon to tie them up with.
Success!! I even managed to make lunch while they colored in their new books! yay!! I would totally do this again with any age really. I will however, remove glitter from the equation and maybe add some fun stamps and more stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment