Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cherry Tomato Bread

I found a great bread recipe that I wanted to try with my cherry tomato overload. However, it required that I mix part of the dough the night before and then bake it on a stone in the oven with water and oh my..... just too much involved. So I went with my old faithful Basic Bread recipe, (can I just say... I'm in love with that recipe) and added about 2 cups of roasted cherry tomatos - roasted the same way I did the night before for dinner - when I added the water. Then I hand kneaded in about 1/2 cup more roasted tomatoes after the dough rose the first time. It turned out pretty tasty. I used it to make grown up grilled cheeses (with pesto, grilled chicken and havarti) for lunch.
This was supposed to be my post for yesterday, Tuesday. It didn't quite make it in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment