Thursday, August 19, 2010

Peach Crisp... oh yeah!

While I was making dinner this evening (it was an awesome dinner, by the way) I realized that it  needed a dessert. I'm not generally a big dessert eater with weeknight dinners but I was standing there looking at a bowl full of ripe peaches and had to give a crisp a try.


Here's the recipe I used:
From Better Homes and Gardens
5 cups fresh peaches
2 to 4 T granulated suger
1/2 c regular rolled oats
1/2 packed brown sugar
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 c butter
1/4 c chopped walnuts

1. Preheat to 375 degrees. Place fruit in a 2 qt. square baking dish. (I used a small cast iron skillet) Stir in granulated sugar.
2. For topping, in a medium bowl combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle topping over filling.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 or until fruit is tender and topping is golden. Cool slightly.
I added a plop of cool whip on top.

This was from Wednesday it's just a little late..... don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment