Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Broken


I have become a bit of a maniac with the knitting over the last week. I have practiced and later torn out hours worth of knitting. Well I decided to just keep going and committed to turn the most recent attempt into something. I was about 3-4 hours in (I'm still slow, so no judging over how much I got done in that much time) and my needle snapped right in half. Now, Michelle did tell me that these needles were not super high  quality, but I was using them 1) because they were here and free and 2) because they belonged to a neighbor lady who passed away and I thought maybe they remembered how to knit and would help me a little (hey, you never know. I'll take all the help I can get)

Well, lesson learned. The next project I started (with a yarn I've been drooling over for months waiting for something to do with) I used metal needles. It is quite likely that I will find myself at Micheals today picking up a few new pairs too.
I was a little too "unhappy" about the breaking to calmly write about this yesterday. Cheesecake to come today.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for new needles!! Even though they're not bamboo!

    Yay for cheesecake!!

    ReplyDelete