Friday, September 3, 2010

Over the top Oatmeal Cookies

So we are going to be camping with my parents with their living history group soon. A group of them get together and do 18th century stuff. Shooting of black powder rifles, throwing of knives and tomahawks, and dressing in "funny clothes". We will be actually sleeping over one night in a time appropriate tent! With 2 kids! I'm pretty sure I've lost my mind.
Part of my responsibility was to take some of the food prep off my moms plate. And coookies were part of the job I was given. I was told they had to be "filling" cookies because they are often used as a mid day snack more than for dessert.
I used Martha's Oatmeal Raisin recipe and then put it on steroids. I added chocolate chips, sunflower seed kernels, and coconut. They are super yummy!
 I am under the same time issues as the last post (that I posted 10 minutes ago) so I can't really go into all the details now. I promise to post my recipe Mondy (or Tuesday, what?! it's a holiday, gimme a break)
I hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend!

I added the link to the original Martha recipe for these cookies. The only changes I made were adding about 1/4 cup chocolate chips (because that's all I had left. there would have been more), 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels, and I substituted unsweetened coconut (again, because that's what I had). I think you really could add just about anything that "struck your fancy".

No comments:

Post a Comment