Thursday, October 21, 2010

A rug, because I said so.

My least favorite part of the changing season.... mud! On kid feet, on husband feet, but mostly on doggie feet! ugh. I feel like I am always wiping mud off of something this time of year. I don't know why this comes as a surprise to me, I do this every year. Every year I get super annoyed and then go buy a new rug to put by the door that's bigger than a normal doormat in an attempt to catch some of the mud. This year, I decided I would try something different and make one. Specifically out of something I could easily throw in the wash and it would come out looking close to the same as when we started.
After some time spent rummaging through the fabric closet I found this heavy upholstry fabric in the perfect color... orange! I love fall because it lets me bring out the orange. I love it!!!

All I did was cut a piece of canvas to the same size, or about an inch smaller on all sides and then sewed them together. I realize this does not a rug make, but it's on the floor, it keeps the carpet clean. I say, it's a rug. I do think though that after I've spent some time looking at it, that it may need a little "something" maybe some strips of fun fabric appliqued on, I don't know. For now, it does the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment