Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love.


I am very excited about Valentines Day this year. I don't know if it's because I have a 3 year old who is excited about any reason to use decorations or because it falls so close to my youngest babes first birthday this year. Or maybe because I am so in love, in love with my husband, my 2 beautiful little girls and the wonderful life I have been blessed with (and these hearts). Whatever the cause, excitement has found me.


 I was beside myself when I found this blog post. Unfortunately my first attempt went terribly wrong. Instead of making myself crazy, I waited until I was able to ask for help. Well...... not only did I figure out how to make them, but I also discovered that I had been crocheting incorrectly for the 4ish years that I've been doing it. That's what I get for learning something off the internet with no human interaction.
Now that we've got that all sorted out I am off and running. After the first 2, these take about 10 minutes a piece. Did I mention that I love how fast crochet goes?!
So if you find yourself with a few minutes, give em a try.
Find something to be in love with today!
**I did have to make a couple changes to make the pattern work for me. Firstly, instead of making a chain of four and then doing all my work into the first stitch I used the four stitches to make a ring and worked out of the center of the ring. The first 2 were a little wonky before I made that change. Secondly, on the 3rd round I added a single chain stitch at the tip of the heart to keep it from curling up too much at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment