Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Again.

Remember how we talked last time about how I'm not ready to go off pattern and make things on my own? Well, I did it again. I broke that rule already. On my very next project to boot.

We recently became a home who has the newest techie toys and I ended up with an ipad 2. I didn't think I'd be that interested in it or be that impressed by it, but I was wrong. It's super cool. Unforturnately, my 3 year old thinks so too. This thing has soooo many kid friendly educational tools and games that she wants to use it all the time. She gets an appropriate time (probably more) for a 3 year old but would like it to read her stories and play letter games all day. We went this weekend to find a safe haven for the poor thing to rest during it's few breaks and found that they haven't released any cases for the new one. The old cases are too big.

Well what's a girl to do but crochet a case herself? So that's what I did. I used a heavy weight acryllic and a J hook, which is smaller than the yarn calls for, because I wanted to get a tight, thick fabric. It may not be perfect, but it does the trick. I am looking thru my stash for just the right button or other form of closure to finish it off, but in the mean time, poor little ipad has a new sleeping bag to nap in.

No comments:

Post a Comment