Thursday, March 24, 2011

checking in

I don't want to make excuses about where I've been over the last 9 days, but I feel like I have to tell you what's been going on so you know I haven't completely given up on this space.
First there was the Plague that rushed through our house and brought everything to a grinding hault. The babes were sick, I was sick, papa was sick (for a day, but any of you wives know, that's all it takes with most fellas.... big babies.) It was a full 2 weeks before everyone was feeling human again, not cured, just human. I can say optimistically that we are out of the woods, but it scares me to do so.
Secondly, Papa left us for a work trip. He was gone for 2 weeks. Not just out of town, but out of the country and although, I like to tease him that I do everything around here his absense is definately felt, hard. The evenings that are usually my time to sit and relax and hook or knit, or just rest have been lacking. I have been working on a few things for days and just haven't gotten very far.
Then yesterday I decided I would break my funk and at least bake some yummy goodness. Well, that didn't go so well either. I am very far off my game. I made my tried and true pound cake. It's Martha's recipe and it is always wonderufl. This time, not so much. It was dry and just tasted off. I am hopeful that today and tomorrow I will be able to pull myself out of said rut and make something wonderfully sweet and delicious for growing baby bump but I'm not feeling super optimisitc about it.
I hope that your week has been more fruitful than mine. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment