Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Plan C... granola.

This morning I sat down with the intention of finishing the favors for my sisters baby shower. Instead, I found myself faced with a big ole mess, that wouldn't do what I wanted it to. I had planned to make these but instead of a cute little thing I got a cup of candy that wouldn't support the lollipop and the whole thing looked like a 2 year old made it. Ugh! With it being the absolute last minute I decided to come up with a plan B.


Plan B was going to be little bags of Kettle Corn with the flowers I cut out tied on. Well, even though I've made dozens of batches of kettle corn, today it burned. I stood there and watched it and it still burned. Double ugh! Time for Plan C.


Remember the cook book I talked about yesterday? It had a recipe for granola that looked pretty tasty and that was the inspiration I needed. I had to tweak the recipe a bit because I was missing a few ingredients and I wanted it to be a bit sweeter. I don't think I'm supposed to post a recipe from a published book without permission of the author so I'll just suggest you go online and find any of the million recipes that are out there. I added chocolate chips when it came out of the oven so they'd melt a bit and make yummy chocolatey chunks. I also substitued the walnuts with almonds because, well, I had almonds. I think this is perfectly yummy by the handful, but you could add it to your breakfast cereal or mix it with yogurt. I hope the ladies at the shower will find a little bag of homemade granola as unique and sweet and be none the wiser that it was my third string idea.

I wrote this on Friday but didn't manage to get pictures up until this morning, sorry. The granola and the shower were a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment