Thursday, October 13, 2011

Purge!!

 
(ahhh, summer. I miss you already)
I recently heard something that really resonated with me. "If you don't LOVE it or NEED it, then get rid of it (or don't buy it)." The idea isn't new but was something that I needed to be reminded of. I plan to spend a large part of today going thru my house and asking myself that question over and over again. I am encouraged to make lots of room, knowing that the winter is coming and my days will be spent trapped in the house with all the "stuff" that's taking up space. Precious space when you have 3 very small children in a fairly small house. 1500 square feet does not allow for piles of extras. I am a bit of a germaphobe and the idea of the winter colds and sniffles just sitting around on things kind of freaks me out.
All of this is to say, before I can begin making all the things that I have on my list, I must first clean this space. I'll check back in with you tomorrow to let you know how it went.
In the meantime, here's a list of what I hope to make in the months leading up to the Holidays.
A doll inspired by these for Brielle's birthday and Christmas for Everlee. (this is the one I'm most looking forward to.)
A quilt made from old t-shirts. (I am hoping my family doesn't decide to start reading my blog today)
Aprons made a bit girly-er with ruffles and such.
Capes for littles to play all kinds of games.
A diaper bag/giant pursre
Some baked goodies for gifts.
I hope to give everyone (living in this house) a new set of PJs to go to bed in on Christmas eve. I have never sewn clothes, so we'll see on this one.
As in years prior, we will be making Christmas in our family so I have to start planning sooner than if we just went shopping for gifts. The girls will get mama-mades this year too. We really don't need anymore plastic toys in this house. Are you making for the Holidays? What are you making?
I hope you have a great Thursday. Throw away or give away something you don't need today.

No comments:

Post a Comment