Tuesday, June 11, 2013

chocolate chip cookies... from a magnet

I, like most adults (and for that matter most kids), have had a pretty vast variety of chocolate chip cookies in my 30+ years. Some have been moist and yummy, some dry and crumbly. I think everyone has a recipe that is their favorite. Their version of perfect. I found mine on a magnet. I don't really even know where the magnet came from, I just noticed it on the fridge one day. I'm not sure what prompted me to try it, but I did and I have made. no. other. recipe. since. It's amazing! Super simple and always, always delicious.

 
The day my babes broke the magnet was not my finest parenting moment. It's broken, I'm not pleased, but now it lives on the tippy toppest regions of the fridge where it can be safe from little destructive hands.


 



I'm going to share the recipe with you (it's probably  on the back of every pack of Hershey's chocolate chips... shhh, please don't tell me)

Hershey's Chocolate chip cookies (with some additions I make)

Heat oven to 375. Beat 1 C. butter, 3/4 C brown sugar, 3/4 C Sugar and 1t vanilla until creamy.
Beat in 2 eggs. Stir together 2 1/4 C flour, 1t. baking soda & 1/2 t. salt (I use coarse salt and up it to 1 teaspoon)
Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in 2 C Hershey's semi-sweet choc. chips and 1 C. chopped nuts. (I also add one cup of rolled oats)
Drop rounded teaspoons onto un-greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool and ENJOY! 

That's it, just as it's written on my magnet. Chocolate chip cookies are the emblem of home and family and these cookies are the perfect version for our family and family friends! A dear friend's little boy comes to mind each time I make these because he loves them so much. That's the point of it all really, why we bake, to make the people we love smile.
I hope today finds you smiling. Happy Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment