Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Quilt from Scratch


Day 8!! I am feeling ambitious. Today I started a quilt. I have only made one other quilt from scratch so this is new territory for me still. I have been doing a lot of reading (and looking) about modern quilts and just couldn't take it any more.

I went thru the fabric closet last night and pulled out 5 fabrics that sort of have a shared theme of color. This afternoon I started cutting...... I tore all the fabrics into 5" strips and then cut them using a rotary cutter and a card board 5" square pattern.
After I had all the fabric squares in piles I just started putting together sets of four.




I still haven't decided totally what it's going to look like, but I have 6 more sets of 4 to sew together (I sewed 10 today) and then I have to press them all. At that point a decision will have to be made. I am hoping to get that done tomorrow. The picture at the top of the post is of the 10 sets of 4 all laid out together on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment