Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just in time for the Beach!!

Today I managed to finish the beach blanket that I am giving as a house warming present. It just so happens that the friend recieving the gift is making the annual voyage to the beach this year. I am so excited to get to see my mama ("Deb" of Deb the blanket) use her blanket and now there will be 2!! So exciting!!
The directions for todays part of the blanket can be found here also. Briefly, today included  pinning on the back, quilting, and finishing with bias tape. I almost didn't finish today because I forgot to go buy the 12 yards of bias tape that it takes to make this, but decided to just make each edge a different color. I kind of like it, it works. I am of the opinion that the less I have to buy new, the better. After all, this is a blanket made of old bed sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment