Friday, July 2, 2010
Baby Taggy Blanket
Everlee has started pulling whatever she can get her hands on up to her face and when that's a blanket I freak out. Soooo, I made her one that is safe.
Here are the Emmy directions...
What you'll need :
-two different fabrics cut into equal sized squares (or rectangles or stars or circles) I would suggest no bigger than 10 inch squares.
-tags of ribbon and rick rac
-velcro (if you choose to make a pacifier tag)
1. Lay one piece of fabric right side up and arrange the tags along the edges with the looped part facing in.
2. lay the second piece of fabric right side down creating a sandwich with the cut ends of the tags sticking out so that they will be sewn in the seam.
3. sew the seam, leaving an opening to turn right side out.
4. Turn right side out. Sew opening closed and continue to sew around the entire edge. (this is certainly optional, I just like the look.)
5. (also optional) quilt a few strips down the blanket to hold the two pieces together.
6. if you'd like a pacifier holder, sew the velcro onto that piece of ribbon at this point if you haven't already.
It literally took me 8 hours to get this pic to post.