Wednesday, July 7, 2010

English Muffin Bread

 I am so excited!! We are having our first dinner from the garden tonight. Nothing major, just some spinach pasta tossed with olive oil, garlic, zucchinni and squash (from grammy's garden), onions (from our garden) and some fresh spinach. YUMMMMM.... I'm drooling just thinking about it.
And what goes better with yummy garden pasta then fresh bread?? That was a rhetorical question.....nothing does!!
A few months ago Michelle sent me this recipe for English Muffin bread and today was the day to give it a try.

So some of my excitement has waned... I seem to have messed up. I added the yeast to the milk instead of putting it in the flour mixture. I don't know why, so don't ask. Apparently when you do that, the bread doesn't so much rise. Oops. We'll see what happens when it comes out of the oven.
It turned out ok. Very dense, but it still tasted great.

1 comment: