Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Apple Pie



With the weather changing and the feelings of fall starting to creep over our days I have been absolutely craving all things autumn. I picked up a big bag of apples at the farmers market last week with no real plan on what I was going to do with them, but was happy to have a big bowl of apples sitting on the counter.
I got lucky when my mom asked me if I'd be interested in making 3 apple pies and one of my cheesecakes for a lunch that she had to put together at work. The only small blip was that I had never made an apple pie before. I love them, but had never made one myself.
So Monday when the oldest babe got up from her nap, we tied on our aprons and got to work. I used the recipe from my Better Homes and Garden cookbook for the crust and the Apple Pie. The only change I made was substituting a crumb topping for the top crust.
 I had help rolling out the crust and a very qualified taste tester for the apples as I was cutting them up. She was so excited to be making a pie with mommy and I was so excited to be making my first pie, and with my daughter to boot.
The result was a super yummy tasting and super yummy smelling apple pie that was a great test run for the order I have to fill for this weekend. Daddy the the "girls who breakfast" gave it 2 thumbs up!!
 Daddy couldn't resist the smell of the cooling pie. As soon as he could, he cut a piece. I didn't make it home in time to get a picture pre-cutting.
 More to come on how the cheesecake goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment