Thursday, December 9, 2010

Noodles... yummy.

So I don't normally write about making dinner, but tonight I must share. I was in the mood for Lo Mein. Unfortunatley the closest restaurant is a good 20 minutes away, not to mention take out can add up and get expensive. I decided I'd give it a try at home. I used a recipe from Rachel Ray (who I don't usually care for) off of foodnetwork.com. It called for all kinds of things I didn't have so I'm just going to give you the recipe I used in the end.

Sauce: (set aside)
3 rounded T hoisin sauce
3 T soy sauce
3 T water
3 T hot sauce (this was maybe a tad too much.)
 
I cooked a box of speghetti noodles and strained them. While they were cooking I sauteed 1/2 a head of red cabbage and one carrot with a little olive oil and seaseme seed oil.
I added a little water to make sure the cabbage cooked.
When the noodles were done I dumped everything in the saute pan, added the sauce and tossed it all together. I put the lid on it and let it sit for about 3-5 minutes to let all the flavors settle.
It was super easy and pretty darn tasty. I think you really could use any veggies and/or meat and it would be good.

I love a quick easy dinner idea so I thought I'd share. Do you have any yummy quicky dinners to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment