Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Just a quickie.

I wanted to post a quick blip about our meals for today in case you are already looking for ideas....
I've heard from a few folks that this would be helpful.
Breakfast was a banana and an orange. (I wasn't feeling super creative)
Lunch - baked potato that I rubbed with olive oil and course sea salt before I baked it. This is a trick I stole from Outback. You bake it unwrapped and the skin gets crispy and delicious. When you can't top it with butter or sour cream a nice salty skin makes a difference. The olive oil sort of sinks in thru the skin while it cooks too and makes the potato taste better.
For my mid-afternoon snack I had blue corn tortilla chips and some hummus.
For dinner we are having a hodgepodge vegetable soup. Here's a quick list of what's in ours in case your having a mind block. Of course the basic onion, celery and carrot. Squash and zucchinni, a little cauliflower, mushrooms, peas, corn, and green beans (I planned to use diced tomato too, but realized I was all out). I seasoned it with basil and thyme and used whole wheat penne pasta for the starch. I used two boxes of organic vegetable stock and added about a cup of water. It smells like heaven and feels just right with the cold, snowy weather outside.

If you are just joining us here and are looking for the Daniel Fast information, please also see the Daniel Fast page tab in the top right corner of this page. You can also click on the Daniel Fast tab under Labels on the right of the page and that will take you to all my posts that are fast related. Thanks for being here!

No comments:

Post a Comment