Monday, January 10, 2011

Sushi.... Sort of.

I'm not sure what the definition of sushi is. Does it require fish? I'm not sure. Today however, I attempted to make something resembling sushi with just veggies and brown rice. I made the rice as usual in my rice cooker and then followed the direcitons on the back of the sushi vinegar, the Nori wraps and the sushi kit box. The idea is pretty simple. Toss the rice with the vinegar. Spread it on the Nori wrap, add filling. (I used avacado, cucumbers and carrots.) Then Wrap. However, it doesn't really come together so simply. I never quite nailed the rolling part and none of mine were quite tight enough.


In the end they were pretty tasty. I will totally try it again and I must admit I'm pretty pumped that I pulled it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment