Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More time with granny.

I managed to work some more yarn into my world and started on a granny square. The beauty of granny squares is that they can be any size you like. You can stop after just a few rounds or add lots of rounds until you get a blanket. I wasn't sure what the end result would be, but really just wanted some practice.
I do realize that my square is a little, wonky let's say. I think that my stitches are tighter in the beginning then they are as I work my way out and I'm trying to figure out how to adjust my work to make it lay flat. I have a plan for this that will hopefully, hide the waves. I hope to have it ready to show you by the end of the week, but we'll see. We've had sick littles around here this week.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Did you use a wool yarn? Maybe block and steam it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope cheapy acryllic. It's just practice after all.

    ReplyDelete