Monday, July 11, 2011

Some Housekeeping.

Today I felt like I should catch you up on some goings on around here. I've been a bit sparse in my postings and wanted to update you.
 First, let's talk about this blanket. Yes, for now, it's a blanket. The husband swears it's a rug. I insist that since I made it, it's whatever I say it is. I'm in LOVE with it. I love that's is stripey, I love that it's got orange AND blue, I love that its circle-y.

Now for the housekeeping part of it, I used basic cotton and an H hook. I didn't really use a pattern per se but if you need help with a flat circle, I suggest looking here. I love the Attic and her patterns are clear to understand, even though they are in UK terms. As a side note, I have every intention of making this too. The joy of circles is you can make it as big or as small as you like. I could have gone on forever, but I wanted to finish it before the new babe arrived. The last 6 weeks of my pregnancy I had to sit for at least an hour once a week to monitor baby and make sure all was well inside. What better to do with that much time than a little hooking? I started it in the waiting room about 4 weeks before he came into the world and really only worked on it at the doctors office. I had to dig it out at home the day before my surgery because I was determined to finish it before his homecoming. I find it perfectly perfect. (Even if one day it is a rug.)

As far as literal housekeeping goes, I have to share! I am in LOVE with Bon Ami. (No, they didn't send me any freebies, nor am I being paid for saying so. ) It's super old school and made with natural materials and it smells great! You can't buy it in stores. I got mine at Alice.com because unlike the Bon Ami site, they had free shipping.
I have a few things I'm working on and am excited to share with you, but that's it for now. I'll be back tomorrow with some zucchini love (yes, I said zucchini and love in the same sentence). I hope you are staying cool and finding time to make something today.

No comments:

Post a Comment