Thursday, November 10, 2011

Being thankful and not feeling guilty.


Why as moms do we feel like if we don't do things just right we are somehow a failure? I'm a "stay at home mom" in reality my only job requirement is to keep my babes fed, warm and at least partially clothed. Also, to love them, teach them and nurture them. Yet somehow, I've added loads of other things I think I should be doing to that list. I think my house should be in order all the time, I think dinner should be exciting and prepared to eat right at 6:00. I think I should be able to create amazing things to give as sell. I think I should be able to do all things for all people. The reality is, I need to learn to say no and not feel guilty. So with that said. I have not been back here to tell you about all the things I'm thankful for and I am not going to feel badly about it. (Truth be told, I totally feel bad, but I'm trying desperately not to)
So, let's catch up. Shall we?


Day 4- I am thankful for coffee. Good coffee. Starbucks coffee ground fresh each morning.
Day 5-I am grateful that my family lives close by. I am thankful that my sis and her hubs have a healthy baby girl to add to the slew of grandkids I've given my parents. Fridays are Pizza Nite, and have been since I was a kid. I love knowing that I will sit down with my whole family for dinner once a week. I am so blessed!
Day 6- I am thankful that when my babes are sick I can still be part of my church family from my couch. Oh, and I'm thankful for after church naps!
Day 7-I am grateful that we live in a society, that if I chose to, I can give my littles medicine to cure their ills. I've seen places where mamas would walk all day to get a dose of antibiotic for their babes. (I took Jasper to the doctor this day for his 4 month well check and found out he'd developed an ear infection from his cold)
 Day 8- I am thankful for unscheduled days with my sister! I love the sudden "need" for breakfast together, followed by an entire day of catching up on shows from the DVR. I am also thankful for DVR!! Seriously, I don't know how I lived without the option to fast forward thru commercials.
Day 9- I am thankful for consignment sales. First, I don't know how people can afford to buy clothes for their littles at retail prices. Second, I love knowing that I am teaching my kids that buying used is a great way to save money. I will teach my children how to live within their financial means! Third, like most ladies I know, I love the chance to go shopping (all by myself) and buy everything I want.
Day 10- Today- I am thankful for minivans with automatic dual sliding doors. Don't tell my early 20s self though!

No comments:

Post a Comment