Sunday, December 11, 2011

The coolest Cape



So the last time we talked it was my oldest little's birthday. What I didn't have time to share with you was the details on the mama made that I gave her as her gift. I am very inspired by the Waldorf education theory and love the idea of imagination play toys. So needless to say I was beside myself excited when I discovered this book that is chock full of great ideas. I have a list of things that I want to make from it, but decided to start with the cape. Brielle had been making play capes from my kitchen towels and a clothes pin and I thought it was time to offer her something a little more substantial. The pattern uses a lot more yardage than I would have expected so I settled on a purple poly blend thing that I had loads of and I lined it with a vintage bed sheet that has cute purple butterflies on it. It took all I had not to run out and buy something fabulous to make this, but at the end of the day I wanted to hold to my principle of using what I have. 


So far the cape has allowed her to be little red riding hood, a super hero, a nice witch and a fairy. I'm sure there will be many more to come.
I have to say, I am in love with it and totally wish I could wear one!

No comments:

Post a Comment