Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter Yarning.

It's that time of year again. The holiday making is over, the weather has gotten colder, the days shorter. My babe has grown older and is going to bed earlier. I have an evening just in time for winter yarning.
I wanted to share with you what I've been working on.



 This is my first attempt at a knitted cowl. I don't like it. It's too short or too long. Either way, I will be pulling it out. I don't like the color combo either. Why did I show it to you then? I don't know.




And this is my first crocheted cowl. I used an alpaca blend and it's too itchy. I think it's too short to wrap double and too long to just wear. Ugh! It looks like the battle to find the right cowl pattern has begun for me. After making both, I think I will do a crocheted version. Well at least I've narrowed it down some. Time to make a date with Ravelry.
What's in your yarn basket?

No comments:

Post a Comment