Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Some catching up to do....

So Christmas has come and gone and I neglected my blog, severely. My apologies. I was a bit disappointed with what I was able to get done in time for gift giving, but no one seemed to notice but me. I was down to the wire. Christmas eve is gift giving day for my family (parents, sister, brother-in-law) and minutes before we walked out the door I was putting finishing stitches in gifts. All the while getting food together. The night before Christmas Eve 11pm arrived and I found myself in the kitchen making caramel popcorn and a peach and blueberry pie.

How is it that we manage to put so much stress on ourselves during a time of year that is supposed to be all about enjoying time with friends and family? I tell myself every year that I'm going to start making earlier in the year so I'm not stressed about gifts when it gets close. Yet somehow, I manage to be very behind by the week of Christmas.


I made a hat for Papa that ended up being a wee bit short for his giant head. Meanwhile, I made a hat for Poppy's very small head that was a better fit for Brielle. (I may have been a little shy of very small)

Grammy got an embroidered pillow that began as a wall calender (note to self: the next time you are going to spend 6 hours hand stamping a calender be sure you are looking at the right year as a reference.)

Poppy and my brother-in-law got embroidered hankies and my aunt got an embroidered dish towel.

Gifts of the summers spoils were a big hit. Pepper jelly and peach marmalade pair perfectly with caramel popcorn, don't you think? Well the recipients did.

I will post pictures as soon as I can. I have to visit the homes of their recipients to take said photos. I told you I was really pushing it to just get them finished in time.

4 comments:

  1. Awww Em you did fine!!!!! It's like that every year for us too and I vow that I'm going to start the "making" in January. I've already got a throw on the knitting needles for Kate - go me! LOL We'll see how long this lasts. New Years and the mandatory resolution promises seem to take precedence... for awhile anyway LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best! There's no need to beat yourself up over it. Firstly, Christmas is over. Nothing you can do about it now except give them their gifts late or not at all. I'm the queen of late presents. :) But eventually they get them.

    And secondly, just the fact that you make things for people is amazing. It's much easier to go out and buy some random crap for people just for the sake of giving them a present. It takes time and thought in order to make someone something. Two thumbs up and a big kiss on the cheek from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thank you both. I think your swell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to agree with Laura!! Handmade is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete